GEOSTATS 2008 Congress was hosted by the Mining Engineering Department of the University of Chile and produced by Gecamin Ltd.
MINING ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT, UNIVERSITY OF CHILE
Mining Engineering Department was founded on 7 December 1853 by the Rector Andrés Bello and the then President Manuel Montt. Since the graduation of the first four engineers in 1856, the Department has trained over 1300 professionals for one of the most important Chilean industries. Leadership of the University of Chile graduates in such projects as block caving, heap leaching and El Teniente converter, have brought the university a worldwide recognition. The Department conducts research in such areas as mining technology, mineral resources evaluation, mineral processing, geomechanics, extractive metallurgy, environment, mine planning and mineral economics.
GECAMIN Limited is a private company founded in 1998 in Santiago , Chile , with the purpose of designing, planning and producing technical events focused on technology innovations and process management in the mining and metallurgical industry. Gecamin strives to produce high quality events that position Chile as a centre of excellence for meetings on mining related topics.
GECAMIN is committed to efficiently serving the mining professionals by constantly monitoring the industry trends, detecting and satisfying the clients' needs of technical knowledge exchange, through organising events that meet their highest expectations. This commitment is sustained through a quality management system based on the international ISO 9001:2000 standard.
GECAMIN aims to:
• Secure a leading position in the production of technical events for the mining industry
• Establish and maintain long term relationships with its employees, clients and suppliers based on mutual satisfaction and trust
• Generate a culture of constant innovation and search for excellence in its organisation
• Promote the exchange of knowledge and creation of collaborative technical networks between mining professionals worldwide
• Maintain the highest standards of customer satisfaction.
GECAMIN annually organises various international technical conferences, courses and seminars with attendance averaging 300 delegates each. Complete events calendar can be found at www.gecamin.cl